theyawningsloth

The Yawning Sloth's Lonely Tree

My Favorite Quotes, Occasional Book Reviews and General Randomness are in store for you here.

My Thoughts on Catching Fire (Movie)

Catching Fire  - Suzanne  Collins

Well, recently (As in like, an hour ago) I saw Catching Fire.

Now, if you don't know what the movie is, a) You either don't go on Youtube, or you don't have internet, in which case you won't be reading this post, making this entire sentence moot. (why am I writing it?)

back to the movie.

At first, going in, I was skeptical. I wasn't sure what to think, because I was so unsatisfied with the way the other movie had been done. I had numerous problems with it, like the shaky cam every five seconds, the toned down violence, and a couple other things I won't get into because I'm not talking about the Hunger Games, I'm talking about Catching Fire. (Stay on track, Stay on track....)

I was not disappointed in the slightest. I thought that it was amazing. The score was good, and it suited the movie well, the movie had lines quoted from the book, and there was the Cinna beatdown, which was a part of the book I liked quite a lot. Not because I disliked Cinna, just because that's what would really happen in that kind of situation, and it was good, and blah blah blah you get the point.

the ending was perfect, and they had the whole

"You mean we're not in twelve?"

"Katniss, there is no District Twelve."

conversation, and I loved it, and now I'm freaking out because it was amazing... and yeah.

All in all, I was satisfied, and now I'm going to stop typing because if I don't i'll derail into a series of asdfgjl;kjl;askjgowiehgoiwedhg-ing and not being able to even.

TYS